Monday

Bead Hoard Hop

Well...when they announced a BEAD HOARD blog hop I knew I had to be included.  Thank you Lori McDaniel Anderson who is hosting this hop.  Peruse here on my blog and when you finish click on the BLOG HOP BUTTON at left which will take you to a page with all the hop participants. Then just click and drool.  It's that easy!  Reserve yourself some time, because oh what eye candy is to be had.   I'm thinking it's a fun and great way to bead and use up some of my stuff..I just needed that extra push...Oh am I having fun!!   OK, first hoard...... I have had these PEANUT BEADS for a while now, collecting every color until I decided what to do with them. I'm not sure how many colors they make, but I have at least thirty of them, hence the BEAD HOARD...my hoard of peanuts.  I just love looking at them in their little containers but I guess it's about time I made something with them instead of admiring my hoard.   My muse finally whacked me upside the head and I started making a ton of these ropes.  They work up quick and easy and It's the beginning of my love affair with peanuts.. :o) I've only pictured two colors...but trust me I've made many colors in long, short, doubled....etc...they are addicting! In case you don't know what peanut beads are,  they are one of the newest beads designers are loving.....they have one hole in the center of a peanut shaped disk.  It's just slightly dented in the middle like a peanut :o) This gives way to so many possibilities in the jewelry design areas.  Love Them!


I'm adding a pic of a peanut bead...please note that this is magnified about 100 times
These beads are very small, peanut shaped and have a hole in the center.


My other hoard is SWAROVSKI PEARLS and the delicious SUPER DUO beads...I am currently in a mad rush to make everything I can with super duos...they are sooo easy to work with.  Here's just a little something of a pendant I designed for my bead mix ropes which you will see pictured below...Let's hear it for Hoards!



Speaking of HOARDS.....and in the continuing spirit of "Hoardum".....It all began with a few BEAD MIXES I had,  I don't use mixes a whole lot, but I buy them! Unless I am doing a freeform something I just don't use mixes.  I buy them because they are pretty and one day I'll use them...you know how that goes. I am a bead hoarder, remember?   I thought a nice rope in variegated colors would be fun for this rope design too.  I created a brand new beaded bead design which I call my Treasure Bead and they are perfect to hang from these ropes.  I just matched up the colors and hung from the ropes in the center.   It's a simple right angle weave technique that is addictive! :o)   They are so dainty and looooooooong.  They are at least 72 inches around and they started out as just simple necklaces I could slip over my head in pairs or threesomes. They are fun to wrap around my wrist a few times too for a colorful arm candy look.    A toggle or clasp is too heavy for these because of how light they are.   I doubled this loooooong rope and wrapped it around the neck using the treasure bead as the anchor.  A lobster claw or toggle just seem to heavy for the size 11 rope.

my new beaded bead and rope design




Ok...onward and into the size 8 seed beads......I have a sinful amount, I mean sinful amount of size 8 seed beads.  At one time for whatever reason I needed them..had to have every color.....and geesh I don't know how many colors I have, but I could make a crazy amount of stuff with them if I got off my rear and just did it...but Thank the Lord for Shelley Nybakke and her bangle pattern!! It is made with size 8's.  I came across this old pattern from beadwork and it's perfect for a BEAD HOARDER with tons of size 8's.  Instead of doubling up on them as in her original pattern, I made colorful single bangles which work just as nice.  Three in coordinating colors look just FAB stacked on the wrist.    I'm in the process of making more colorful versions...I do love my colors and the more bangles on an arm the better.....Here's what I made ;o) and always Remember "More is More"...and that is good!


Well Ladies and Gentlemen...that's my Bead Hoard Story....this has me off and running and making even more designs to come...Don't forget to click on the BEAD HOARD avatar up top on my blog. It will take you to the main BLOG HOP blog and the list of all the hoppers.... You can have a fun time visiting and being inspired by all the lovely fellow Designers involved in the Blog Hop this weekend.  I love comments, so if you feel the need, please DO COMMENT.
Thanks for visiting my friends.  :o) 


47 comments:

  1. So fun to find other hoarders! I have a love/hate relationship with seed beads. Your pieces are so beautiful and inspiring. Keep on hoardin'!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, definitely a love hate relationship with myself too. ;)

      Delete
  2. PLEASE...feel free to comment my friends :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too hoard seed beads. And peanuts. And superduo/twins. I love the ropes you did with the peanuts, that is a perfect way to use them and they are beautiful - they look like vines. Oh and those bangles are so pretty, what a great way to use up some beads! Do you know what issue that pattern is in?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim, I will look it up and let you know ... :)

      Delete
    2. Kim, this is a pattern on the bead and button magazine website listed under the subscriber projects too. It's called try triangles.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful! I couldn't choose a favorite if I had to :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous pieces. I also love seed beads, but I haven't started hoarding them! Do you think that is going to happen? Have a nice week-end. Ana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it will happen ;) especially if you
      just started beading... Lol

      Delete
  6. Fantastic works! ove the colors used!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow. . .you got so much made. I really adore those long necklaces with the treasure bead pendants. Well done using up some of your stash!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love what you created. i'd wear any of them in a heartbeat

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the long, lovely ropes - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loooooooove your ropes!!!! SO cheerful and fabulous!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! How'd you get so many beautiful pieces made? It was all I could do to make just one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your designs are beautiful. I love making long ropes too. Good job using some of your bead hoard

    ReplyDelete
  13. Don't ya just love peanut beads? They are so easy to use and look great strung up. And your bracelets are so colorful! Great job destashing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love love love the peanut beads. What beautiful designs you created.

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow - your color combinations are awesome! very nice designs.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love peanut beads ! Youve used them splendidly :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. You made a lot of very beautiful pieces. I barely got one done. I especially am inspired by your beaded beads. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are all lovely! I think you did a fantastic job tackling your bead stash--I am impressed and inspired! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful pieces. Love the peanut beads...

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a beautiful collection. Peanut beads you say. Have seen ads for them but never saw anything made with them. Must add to my next hoarder list.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my you have made such Beauty here! Delicate and ravishing! I really love what you make. Your beading is certainly an Inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi i love your blog! Beautiful designs! I love peanut beads and seem to be in the process of buying every colour they can possibly come in! I love the way you use them to make the necklace chains. Do you have a tutorial on how to make them as i would love to have a go with all my beads. I am fairly new to beading and some techniques I have no idea how to do yet! Thanks for a fab post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tracy, Thank You. I don't currently have a tutorial worked up for the ropes, I'm sorry. Maybe in the future I will get to writing it up. I'll keep you in mind ;)

      Delete
  23. Thanks to each of you for such nice comments!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy colourful work, that's what I see :-)with beautiful♥ Treasury Beads. Very pretty... Have a nice ☼ summer ☼

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww.. How nice. Thank you :)

      Delete
  25. Gorgeous bead weaving. Love your necklaces, they appeal to my inner gypsy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think all beaders have an inner gypsy..thank you :)

      Delete
  26. Holy cow - you've been one busy person! I LOVE the beaded beads and the colorful stackers - fun!

    ReplyDelete
  27. You went on a bead binge too! Love the stacking bangles!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I am intrigued by peanut beads and super duos so very excited to see you sharing them here, Jacquie... your designs are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow, look what you did! They are all very cool. Love the peanut beads!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Peanut beads are so funny, I love string them together! Nice necklaces!

    Ambra

    ReplyDelete
  31. Looks like your hoard really sparked your creativity! Love the different variations you came up with.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I LOVE peanut beads and have my own small stash. Your creations are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love all your designs, just gorgeous, the colors are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love all your designs! So much wonderful color!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Anonymous5/29/2014

    Your ropes are just lovely; do you have a tutorial for sale?

    ReplyDelete
  36. Jacquie,
    It's Pam Auerbach.
    Where is you FB account?
    Are you OK?
    Please email me
    pauer2001@aol.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and commenting! I love feedback

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails