Monday

Valentine Comfort

Every valentines day I make my husband breakfast in bed, which I did again today just to make him feel special.  Instead of going out to dinner like we usually do I wanted to make a nice comfort food dinner at home.  We love Italian food and I spent most of the day shopping for ingredients and then chopping, dicing, and planning the evening Valentine dinner.  I decided on Spaghetti Marinara with a zuchinni spaghetti salad and garlic bread.  For dessert, Chocolate covered strawberries.  After reading the book Eat this, Not that it amazed me just how many things which we thought were healthy were actually not.  Even the things that said low fat, low sodium, low sugar, what an eye opener.   I guess this is one of the reasons I like cooking at home.  I know what is in my food this way and I cook healthy.
Marinara sauce I made from scratch.  Here I added the sauteed onions and mushrooms
to the italian plum tomatoes. 

This was something new I tried from Real Housewives of New Jerseys ,Teresa Giudice's cookbook.  It is a light salad with a lemon juice and olive oil dressing and seasonings with fresh parmesan.  No, it's not spaghetti...at least not pasta spaghetti..this is zucchini which I julienned with a special peeler, in loooong strips to look like pasta.  This was so good I want to try it with shrimp next time as a simple meatless dinner or lunch dish.

Lemon, olive oil dressing
It was all worth the running around and cooking etc., to see the surprised look on my husbands face tonight.  Happy Valentines day honey!  I firmly believe in this quote “I've Learned That People Will Forget What You Said, People Will Forget What You Did, but People Will Never Forget How You Made Them Feel.” and I love making my husband feel special! 

2 comments:

  1. Good post.

    You are so right about making someone feel special. I recently learned something...you never know WHAT small thing will make someone feel that way.

    For Terry's birthday, I ordered a birthday cake from the best cake bakery in town. $35 for a 9 inch custard filled cake. In this area the common price would be about $20-$22. Terry came with me to pick it up. I had hoped he would stay in the car because I KNEW he'd make some comment about $35. Nope, he came in, I paid, I saw the look in his eyes, we left the store. When we got outside I just looked at him and told him he was worth it. He gave me a kiss that told me plenty. I was surprised...he didn't comment on the price and I could really see that he felt special.

    Don't get me wrong, he never cares how I spend money. I was just so surprised at his reaction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol, that is so sweet! I did read your posting on your blog. Lucky Terry to have you. Funny how just the little things are the most meaningful. My husband is easy to please and sometimes I have to remind myself of that...just a simple gesture translated into 'thought' can mean so much.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and commenting! I love feedback

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails