Wednesday

Starry Winter Nights


Starry, starry night...paint your palette blue and grey...I can't help singing the lyrics to Don Mcleans song as I post this.  Artbeads.com Winter Enchantment theme this month immediately brought to mind the winter skies.  My husband and I love to stargaze and have a telescope to view through for especially beautiful clear nights. Winter is a great time for stargazing. Even though the winter nights are chilly, the skies are clear and the stars are bright. Winter is a great time to stargaze and look for new constellations.   Using the Winter enchantment theme I picked sparkly and dark blues for my colors and here is the finished project which I call "Starry Nights".  I went a few steps further and beaded some crystal stars in two sizes to dangle and sparkle from the delicate silver chain.

Oh I am loving these Cosmic Oval Swarovskis...this is the Bermuda Blue color which is so beautiful and has an irridescent blue/silver quality to it.  These just beg "Do something with me".  They can be used as connectors for bracelets, necklaces and earrings.  I love them!! The larger oval is the golden shadow color.  I wanted a bit of contrast instead of going all blue.  I had to connect them, but didn't want to hide the sparkle of the crystal, so a thin beaded connection was needed. Once I had the two rings connected, I went one step further and beaded some crystal stars which I dangled from a delicate silver cable chain.  This is one of the smallest and most delicate chains.  A very nice simple dangle using 3mm and 4mm crystals to make two different size stars.
 Notice the teeny weeny, little, itty bitty blue beads which I used on the silver beaded connector?  Those are actually the fantastic 2mm swarovski crystal faceted rounds.  I needed something very very small to add sparkle to the connector and those were perfect.  Using size 15 seed beads which are very small for the connector requires a very small bead embellishment.  I used the capri blue color and it matched the cosmic oval ring perfectly.

Once my earrings were done I couldn't just put a plain ear wire on it.  If you have had problems with missing earrings a sterling lever back hook is perfect.  After spending all this time beading these earrings I don't want to lose them and the sterling lever backs are a must.  They have a safety catch on the back which avoids earrings slipping out of your ear.  Artbeads carries them and that was a must to finish off this project

As a reviewer of products for artbeads.com, I received the crystal components, silver chain and earring backs free of charge. I have been asked to review these products and give my honest opinion of these products positive of negative. I am not being compensated by artbeads for my endorsement as it pertains to the products being received and reviewed

4 comments:

  1. Jacquie I love your inspiration. The winter night sky is magical and I never really thought about how much brighter the stars seem to be in winter. Thanks for pointing that out (I need all the help I can get to keep positive about this ultra-long winter this year!).

    The earrings are awesome. I love how you brought in the golden color to the baby stars to make the top and bottom cohesive. Thanks for the tip on the earring backs. I've lost a few earrings myself and someday I'll get around to making the missing ones again (yep, someday!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful ear baubles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice earrings. I tend to use posts if I worry about losing earrings. I want something that can pull out if caught by something.

    That salad in your Valentine post sounds intriguing too. I wonder if my daughter would enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and commenting! I love feedback

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails