Thursday

Regal Autumn



I'm here, I'm alive...been a while since I've posted but beading has kept me away. It's fall finally!! It has been one long summer...and fall just hasn't wanted to show it's lovely colorful face. That hasn't stopped me from making jewelry to reflect the autumnal season. Well lookie here...a lovely lovely package from Artbeads.com with brass components, crystals, and leaves to ignite my inspiration brain cells.


Delicas, beautiful Delicas...if you haven't heard of them, they are tiny cylinder beads each perfectly shaped to fit perfectly next to one another.  They come in four sizes now, 11's, 10's, 15's and size 8's.   I used the 11's in my ring above and below. Rings are so quick and easy to whip up with leftovers.  Delicas come in an astounding number of colors!  I had no idea first of all that artbeads.com even carried them, but they do and they are worth their weight in gold.  If you want a slinky ring band or bracelet cuff to die for, they are the perfect thing!  These little wonder beads will be around long after I'm gone and the color I chose for my little fall gem ring is a DB0126 commonly knows as Bronzy pinkAB which has hints of gold.  Yes they come in AB which adds to the sparkle factor  This is by far one of..my favorite colors to use all year long.  I used them in a two drop peyote pattern on the band of my ring and within the gem dome of the ring.  I also used them as you'll see below in the necklace strap for my necklace.  I had a few leftover crystals in amethyst from my neckstrap so I worked them into the ring.  See what you can do with leftovers??? Just a teaspoon of beads and a few crystals and Voila!  I still have a few teaspoons of delicas left for something else!


 
Antique Brass Swarovski round pearls  add a bit of autumn charm to this next design.  This is the strap portion of "Regal Autumn".   Swarovski pearls are much better quality than 'any old glass pearl'  they have a nice weight to them and these actually look like antique brass.   For this design I have used the 5mm size.   Anyone who knows me knows I love using crystals in my designs.  Along side the 'pearls', Swarovski crystals and delicas are woven in to add more of the sparkle factor.  They are my crystal of choice,  although there are other crystals on the market, these are always perfect in hole size,  color and weight, and I have yet to find an imperfect one.  Lots of new colors this season  however I have used the lilac color because it has a gentle purple tint, not too dark, and not too light.    And check out the perfect toggle for fall designs.  It is a grape cluster nestled next to an autumn leaf in antique vintage brass finish.  I use this toggle often since I live in an area where vineyards flourish, it just reminds me of my surroundings.




My favorite piece is the Antique Brass Drum Circle!!!! I mean so many possibilites can be realized with this piece.  I have been on a 'frame' kick lately and love using photos in my pieces.  This photo of a girl with dove had the perfect colors similar to my crystal colors and the brass.  I loved the open work on the 'drum' which I used to my advantage and did some brick stitching around it to make an even larger piece.  Topped off with a vintage brass leaf charm it was not too much and not too little...I wanted it to be fairly simple to show off the center brass drum circle. 
  


As a reviewer of products for artbeads.com, I received the glass pearls, toggle, delicas, and brass drum circle free of charge. I have been asked to review these products and give my honest opinion of these products positive of negative. I am not being compensated by artbeads for my endorsement as it pertains to the products being received and reviewed

4 comments:

  1. Your designs are very unique and beautiful. You have a great eye for mixing just the right colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your beadwork is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work!!! congrats!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and commenting! I love feedback

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails