Wednesday

Blooming Designs

"Blooming Skies" Bracelet
I've been so busy I've neglected my blog for a while, but the truth is I have been busy making up lots of jewelry, traveling a bit here and there teaching jewelry, and now my sisters got me addicted to facebook! I promised myself I would make a huge effort to write in my blog as I used to at least twice a week and cut down on the facebook, we'll see how that all pans out! lol Here are a few designs I've made up lately. This is a design I made up in keeping with my "Tudors" theme of jewelry. I have quite a few 'tudor pieces' on my website, with more to come, and if you've ever seen the show you know they have amazing jewels on there. I love the rich, regal, opulent colors and designs from that time period. My newest design was really fun to make and although it has no genuine jewels, it does have the same feel as if you were wearing them. Lots of crystals, pearls, and seed beads make up this bracelet. It's called "Blooming Skies". Pale aqua shades of blue with earthtone accents in browns and taupes. In some of the shapes I used oval centers rather than rounds.


I've been on this medallion kick for a long while now, and having just got back from Albuquerque and Santa Fe I was in the mood to make something a little more earthy and casual. This makes me think of New Mexico. Not sure why this picture keeps loading sideways since I have it saved the opposite way, but you get the idea of what the bracelet looks like. Made with genuine turquoise strands and a beaded medallion of czech glass and swarovski crystals.

5 comments:

  1. Very pretty work. Glad you are back in blog land. I have been weaning myself from FB. Get more beading done that way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new jewelry Jacquie! Such pretty colors and shapes. facebook is addicting isnt it? Glad you are back. Hugs, Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Jacquie!! Blooming Skies is beautiful... Love the colors you have chosen..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty jewelry. I think Facebook can suck you in faster and deeper than blogging! I need to start keeping up my blogs too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you all...next week devoting more time to my tags too...I'm so behind..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and commenting! I love feedback

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails