Wednesday

Tudor on the brain




I haven't posted in a while, but I have been busy, busy, busy. Finally my new website updates are taking shape and I just need to put the shopping cart on it. I don't have a fraction of things on there that I want...so that will require more time this week. baby steps baby steps Not enough time for my bjp, but (this week I promise!) Between beadweaving jewelry, taking photos for the website, classes and the re-working of my website I'm slowly burning out...something has to give and I think I may take a break from classes for a while. (not to mention I need to clean my house once in a while!) I have had the Tudor jewelry collection on my brain and completed Six new pieces plus earrings to match. Three of the pieces are bracelets inspired by that wonderful show The Tudors on showtime. One is a bridal white, while the other is in brassy and tanzanite shades with plum undertones. I also did a netted white pearly bracelet with dots of teeny flowers on it, I'm still deliberating on what the center piece is going to be though. I also made up a black/brass/topaz necklace with a center rivoli, and I love the way it came out, just need to put on the clasp. Yesterday I did take a trip to my friend Marias store in Selma. I always get inspired by her 'mecca' of semi-precious stones. I met a new beader there, Mary. She was so excited and eager to get learning new things and wants to take a class. I love it! We talked about setting up a basic beadwork class at her store for the beginners, but I don't know when I am going to find the time!!! Like I said I'm burning out, but hopefully when I complete a few more things I can get back on track again.

5 comments:

  1. Jacquie,

    When are you teaching a class on this bracelet? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jacquie
    These bracelets are beautiful. I don't think that I've been to your website. I need to check it out.
    I love your work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Careful there. Burnout can cause you to let everything go down. It's not a fun feeling. It's also not an easy place to be - if you just do mindless beading of old patterns you might be too bored but if you keep trying to come up with new ideas you'll go off the stress chart. Your idea of letting one thing (classes) slide for a bit is a wise move although students love their teachers and that's good for the ego. Tough spot you are in. Cleaning the house actually makes you feel better once you get past the point of stalling and actually get with it. I've got to do that myself - right after I finish reloading my computer with all my stuff after it crashed on me yesterday (second time in 6 months)! Aaargh! Then I hope to get to my BJP piece.

    Hope you get your site finished soon. That will be a big burden off your shoulders.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just at your site and read your bio. How funny. I didn't cut classes to be in an art class. I took crafts as a class for all four years even though it was only allowed for two. I HAD to have it or I'd have quit school. I ended the last year just doing my own thing and sharing on a more equal basis with the teacher. Sometimes art is what gets us through life but it's hard to explain that to non-art people.

    I'm glad you are able to bring art into your life as a means of earning a living besides just the making of the art.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Timaree, I am not sure why I never had an art course in high school, (it was sooo long ago) :o), but that art class was a defining moment for me. I agree that "art is what gets us through life" sometimes. I have to laugh when people say to me how can you spend so much time on making things, just relax. That is never an option is it. We all have to do it or we will literally wither away and die. I know you understand that.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and commenting! I love feedback

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails